Maintenance Team Leader
- EV Logistics Perishables
- 5016 272nd Street, Langley, BC
Are you ready to be a part of something bigger? At EV Logistics, our people create our success!
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our employees, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement.
EV Logistics is currently seeking a Maintenance Team Leader to join the team. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager this position is responsible for operation and maintenance of the company's refrigeration plant, building conditioning/utility equipment maintenance, and material handling equipment maintenance, in a manner that minimizes disruption to the client, product handling, promotes employee safety, and assures minimum operating costs.
- Ensure the safe operation of an ammonia refrigeration system.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and security of the facility.
- Oversee the maintenance mechanics, motivating and leading the team.
- Responsible for ensuring daily checks on refrigeration equipment are complete.
- Maintain the material handling equipment fleet.
- Participate in the administration of major repairs, upgrades, and other capital projects.
- Provide unrestricted access and assistance to all regulating authorities in respect to systems and equipment.
- Build strong relationships with all vendors; providing direction and supervising the work completed.
- Oversee the preventative maintenance programs to minimize disruptions in warehouse operations.
- Tour the warehouse on a regular basis to ensure equipment and building is safe and supports the warehouse activities.
- Make recommendations to Chief Operating Engineer and Maintenance Manger on programs and equipment to improve efficiency and meet ongoing customer requirements.
- Monitor and adjust equipment to lower utility costs.
- Develop preventative maintenance programs along with programs to respond to unexpected or emergency situations.
- Enforce established safety, health, contamination and housekeeping policies and procedures in order to minimize staff injuries, lost production time, damage, and contamination of product.
- Operate in accordance with all regulator authorities and other regulations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all SQF and CFIA requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Track building and equipment repair and monitor the performance of refrigeration equipment, which includes monitoring preventative maintenance and safety programs.
- Operate in accordance with WHMIS and other regulations as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Certified Refrigeration Operator or 4th Class Power Engineer;
- Mechanical, millwright, electrical and/or welding experience is an asset;
- 2-4 years’ experience in a refrigerated warehouse environment;
- Structural knowledge and some material handling repair skills such as forklift and compressor operating panels etc.;
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and health regulations and Technical Safety BC;
- Experience supervising a team is an asset;
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts as required.
Do you want to be part of an amazing team? Please submit your resume and cover letter by July 30, 2021.
Apply at workforev.com