Human Resources Representative
Are you ready to be a part of something bigger? At EV Logistics, our people create our success!
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our employees, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement. Are you ready to join a successful team where your contribution makes a difference?
EV Logistics is currently seeking a Human Resources Representative to join the Human Resources Team. The core responsibility will for this individual will be recruitment; completing full cycle recruitment to meet the needs of the business. In addition, this individual will be involved in employee engagement initiatives, event planning and other areas of HR as required. The incumbent will work closely with the HR Team to drive employee engagement and recruit to satisfy labour requirements.
- Work with HR and Facility Managers to maintain staffing requirements.
- Collaborate with HR team to implement recruiting methods to attract candidates; create and renew job advertisements;
- Utilize online recruiting resources to identify and recruit the very best candidates;
- Attend job fairs, public relations activities and networking events;
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified employees;
- Screen resumes for job suitability; conduct telephone pre-screening interviews; invite candidates for face-to-face interviews.
- Arrange for successful job candidates to meet the hiring manager. Make every effort to complete the entire selection process within one appointment to expedite the hiring decision/process.
- Coordinate the administration of appropriate pre-employment selection tests and background checks.
- Schedule training for new hires with the appropriate support staff, lead new hire orientation.
- Follow up with all job candidates to maintain EV Logistics’ professional reputation in the employment market. This includes keeping in contact with job candidates frequently throughout the hiring process, communicating with unsuccessful job candidates;
- Track hiring data to capture the success of recruitment and retention programs;
- Assist with turnover statistics for new hires;
- Facilitate orientation for new team members.
- Ability to create a fun work environment and positive culture that reinforces our Company’s core values;
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee programs to achieve desired engagement;
- Communicate and reinforce the company's culture to ensure a high level of employee engagement;
- Participate in developing a comprehensive communications strategy for all initiatives;
- Leverages internal communication vehicles to ensure employee awareness, understanding and participation in programs and process improvement related to increasing engagement and building a best place to work.
- Responsible for maintaining the information in our HRIS system (Oracle);
- Required to complete reporting as required;
- Coordinate external training opportunities for our team members.
- A degree/diploma in HR Management and/or a CPHR designation is required.
- 2-5 years of progressive HR experience or in an HR leadership position
- Exposure to all major functional areas of HR required, experience in Labour Relations is an asset.
- Experience working with high volume recruitment targets is an asset.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and be able to work independently and efficiently in a position that offers many challenges and opportunities.
- Previous experience partnering with senior management (desired)
- Proven experience of leading deployment of organizational change (desired)
- It is a bonus if you have experience in the supply chain industry
Ideal But Not Required:
- Post secondary in Human Resources or Business Administration;
- 1-3 years experience in office administration, customer service, recruitment or related field;
- Strong Intermediate PC skills, including email, internet, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Motivated by innovation, problem solving, and dynamic teamwork environment;
- Confidence to work with people at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated aptitude for teamwork/collaboration, excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and outstanding customer service;
- Reliable Transportation is essential – there is no transportation to the facility.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Job Types:
- Full-time, Permanent
- $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Apply at workforev.com