Human Resources Manager
Do you enjoy working in a team environment providing strategic counsel and advisory services to leaders on business and people-related issues? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to a business agenda? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best possible workplace for our associates? Do you have a high regard for personal accountability and fully understand why integrity, trust, and customer focus are essential qualities to display within the Human Resources function?
We’re looking for a top notch HR Manager to provide outstanding customer service to our business leaders at our distribution center in Langley, BC. We need people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, who are looking for a good challenge, and who are dedicated to creating and developing superior customer relationships. You’ve got to be sharp, and you must be on your game every day… because you will be an essential part of everyday life.
We are looking for someone that isn’t afraid to work hard – in fact, someone who wants to work hard. In this HR Manager role:
- You’ll partner to proactively identify and solve issues
- You’ll lead a team who acts in both strategic and tactical capacities providing full life-cycle Human Resources support
- You’ll work closely with business leaders to evolve and embed the people element of the business strategy
- You’ll take a hands-on approach in monitoring the pulse of our employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- You’ll provide formal and informal coaching to associates at all levels of our business in an impactful, collaborative, and consultative manner
- You’ll manage the people impacts of organizational change projects aligned to the business
- Your voice will be heard loud and clear in management circles
- You’ll deliver results
- You’ll love it
- A degree/diploma in HR Management and/or a CPHR designation is required.
- 3 - 5 years as an HR Manager or related role in a human resources department.
- Exposure to all major functional areas of HR required, experience in Labour Relations is an asset.
- Must have strong understanding of HR concepts and of government legislation such as BC Labour Relations Code, BC Employment Standards Act.
- Familiarity with human resources systems (Oracle and Kronos is an asset) and strong knowledge of personal computers and related software (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is needed.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and be able to work independently and efficiently in a position that offers many challenges and opportunities.
- Previous experience partnering with senior management (desired)
- Proven experience of leading deployment of organizational change (desired)
- Demonstrable experience with HR Metrics
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Ability to operate with a strong sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of the supply chain industry (desired)
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 30, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their application; however, only those shortlisted with be contacted.