Field HSE Manager
Do you enjoy working in a team environment providing proactive solutions and subject matter expertise to leaders on Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) related issues? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to processes as it relates to safety? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best and safest possible workplace for our associates? Do you have a high regard for personal accountability and fully understand why technical HSE knowledge, integrity, trust, and customer focus are required qualities to display within the HSE & Operations functions?
If so, EV Logistics has the opportunity for you.
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. As an HSE Manager you will be responsible for the planning, administration, training, and enforcement of facility’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) program to ensure compliance with all company policies and local, provincial, and federal regulations of our large and complex campus of warehouses. You will identify hazards and assesses risk to HSE, involving individuals to identify the appropriate safety controls, and provides guidance on accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees.
- Promotes occupational health and safety awareness throughout assigned facility.
- Coach’s management on their HSE responsibilities
- Conduct or oversee ongoing safety inspections of facilities, operations, and equipment to ensure compliance and safe working environment for associates. Monitors and enforces compliance to regulatory and company requirements
- Manages the implementation of standard HSE support using common tools provided by the Operations Excellence HSE
- Ensures all necessary HSE Training is completed by all site associates. This includes new hire safety training and all other on-site HSE trainings required for both hourly and management associates
- Review and updates all Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA) for each role within assigned site
- Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis for sites and provides steps for corrective action to site management and Functional Safety Team.
- Provides input and assist the Regional and or Campus HSE Managers with Safety Improvement Plan Implementations
- Monitors and provides expertise and assistance on the Logics Incident Module
- Identifies improvement opportunities and puts forth solutions/recommendations to continually support site improvement
- Actively participates on assigned teams and/or projects, including site Health & Safety Committee and process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for completion of annual COR Audits through BCCSA.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, preferred
- Three to five (3-5) years of Safety experience (e.g., administration of site-based OSHA/DOT programs), required
- 1-3 years supervisory experience, required
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) Certification or equivalent, preferred
- Previous COR accreditation experience preferred
To Applicants Applying: Please note that there is no bus transportation route in the area. Reliable transportation is required.
Does EV Logistics sound like the perfect fit for you? Are you our next top performing team member? Apply Today!
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.
- Job Types:
- Full-time, Permanent
- $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Apply at workforev.com